The guys talk about:
- Fedora Core 3: what that’s all about, with FedoraNews.org‘s Gavin Henry
- The new GPL: the FSF‘s work on their new licence, and the Affero GPL
- MS FUD: where does it really come from?
- The Cell chip: the new chip from Sony/IBM/Toshiba
- IBM: sale of their PC business
- Open source catch-up: will OSS always be playing catch-up to MS and Apple?
Usual warning about bad language applies.
When I ran Debian, the shutdown process would never power off my machine. The processor fan would stop and the screen would read “Power down”, leaving me to press the button. A minor irritant.
I had the same problem with Ubuntu, until yesterday evening. After reading a few forum posts which all seemed very involved and a bit disjointed, I added:
Now, Ubuntu powers down automatically. Hooray.