Hello, I’m Matthew Revell.
I live in south Staffordshire with my family. I work for Canonical, where I’m a Product Manager on the Cloud Engineering team. Most of my professional experience is as a Techincal Writer, producing help materials including tradtional documentation, in-line help and videos.
Over the years, I’ve started and been involved in a number of projects, including:
- Wolverhampton Politics Show: weekly radio show covering politics from a Wolverhampton perspective.
- Wolverhampton Radiophonic Institute: an overly ambitious but fun to make radio show about art, politics and life in general in Wolverhampton. With Neil Calloway.
- LugRadio: Linux and open source software podcast and annual live event.
- Wolverhampton Freecycle: new life for old things.
- Poetribe: publisher of Poétechniciens magazine and other creative writing projects.
- Derwentside Poetry Festival: in Stanley, County Durham.
- Leeds Survivor Poetry.
- Leeds Cafe Moderno poetry nights.
- Hospital Radio Derwentside: Shotley Bridge hospital, County Durham.
I love Marillion, enjoying watching sci-fi and comedy and usually have at least one book on the go.